Hi! I am a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Stanford Urban Informatics Lab. My work involves building an urban energy modeling framework to evaluate the impact of urban design strategies and urban form on city energy consumption across both the buildings and the transportation sector. To do so, I combine traditional engineering simulation with data-driven statistical methods. Before starting my Postdoc, I used a similar approach to evaluate the environmental impacts and costs of ownership of different types of cars, subject to heterogeneous travel patterns, geographical conditions, vehicle properties, and driving style.
In my spare time, you'll sometimes find me behind the viewfinder of a camera, especially when travelling. I've allowed myself to share a couple of pictures. Enjoy!
Carboncounter.com is a website that lets users compare the lifecycle emissions and costs of 125 vehicle models against other cars and against climate targets.
In the News
- · Letter · 2017-11-20 Reality is that most EVs emit less CO2 than petrol cars over their lifetimes
- · 2016-09-27 An App to Help Save Emissions (and Maybe Money) When Buying a Car
- · 2016-09-28 New MIT app: check if your car meets climate targets
- · 2016-09-27 It May Not Cost You More To Drive Home In A Climate-Friendly Car
- · 2016-09-27 Study: Low-emissions vehicles are less expensive overall
- · 2016-09-27 Low-emission cars a better value than polluters · study
- · Transportation Research Record: Journal of the Transportation Research Board · 2017 TripEnergy: Estimating personal vehicle energy consumption given limited travel survey data
- · Journal of Water Resources Planning and Management · 2017 Water Supply Infrastructure Planning: Decision-Making Framework to Classify Multiple Uncertainties and Evaluate Flexible Design
- · International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment · 2017 Integrated environmental and economic assessment of current and future fuel cell vehicles
- · Environmental Science & Technology · 2016 Personal vehicles evaluated against climate change mitigation targets
© 2019 Marco Miotti.